Thrive for All Campaign
I am raising funds to support healing justice work.
Will you help?
What are the goals of the campaign?
The funds will go to support and subsidize my work providing high-quality, trauma-informed, justice-centered, and financially-accessible care, especially to LGBTQQIA+ folks and organizers/activists/leaders in our communities.
Where does your money go?
All collected funds will:
- Subsidize sliding-scale and low cost therapy, yoga, and somatic offerings that are trauma-informed and resilience-centered
- Increases access to competent care for LGBTQQIA+ folks; activists, organizers and leaders; and all those seeking to thrive within supremacy systems while also working to resist and transform them
- Center body-based, holistic offerings rooted in the ethics of cultural humility, transformative justice, anti-oppression, and collective liberation
> Help me continue to raise funds to sustain my work. <
To encourage your generosity, I am offering a few incentives!
DAILY PERKS: All those who donate at least $20 will get a chance to win that day’s DAILY PERK.* Follow me Instagram to see that day’s prize. Each day will be something different, but some examples include:
- Copies of amazing books like Radical Dharma and Radical Acceptance
- Hand-made items from local and regional makers, including herbalists, potters, and more
- Getaways to locally-run rural retreat spaces
- Yoga and wellness gifts including hand-drawn yoga sequencing cards and essential oils
Everyone is eligible – all these gifts can be sent in the mail to where ever you are!
*You can donate multiple days – you’ll get entered into the daily drawing each day you make a donation of $20 or more.
GRAND PRIZE: All those who donate at least $35 will also be entered in a chance to win one of two GRAND PRIZES*.
The Yogi Kit. A gift basket overflowing with yoga and wellness gifts, including class passes for Thousand Petals Yoga (Sommer and Paul Sobin’s studio), Mira Shani‘s classes at Durham Yoga, a SAHAJA S P A C E gift certificate, and more.
The Essential Kit. A selection of some of my favorite essential oils, plus a lavender eye pillow and an Ayurvedic oil self-massage kit.
*When you donate $35 or more, you’ll be asked to choose which grand prize drawing you want to be entered in. Since some donors will not be local, I wanted to make sure I had something to gift those of you supporting this work from afar.
I’ll do the Grand Prize drawing at the close of the campaign on December 6th.
Ways to support
Commit to making regular contributions to help sustain the work.
Starting at just $13 per month – the suggested price for a drop-in Yoga for Queers class – this is a powerful way to show up for healing in your community. A gift like this helps ensure that the yoga rent gets paid each month.
Can’t commit on the regular? I get it! Can you make a one-time gift right now?
These funds will IMMEDIATELY be used to subsidize crucial mental health and wellness care for folks who need it.
Spread the word
I’m choosing NOT to use a crowdfunding site, so as not to lose 10% of YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS on fees. But, this means I need YOUR HELP to reach more folks organically. Can you share or signal boost? Can you tag folks who you think might be interested so they can hear about this opportunity to support on-the-ground healing work for folks who need it?
I’m a little shy to mention this one, but I think it may be appeal to some of you: if you buy doTERRA oils at the retail price through this link, a portion of your purchase price will come back to me. These oils are awesome. This is a win-win.
This part only works if:
*You follow the link to my site, then click “Shop” from there
*You purchase at retail prices
Here are some of my favorites oils. [Reminder: if you donate $35 or more, you’ll be eligible for a chance to win a GRAND PRIZE, bevvy of some of my favorite oils and some awesome oil accessories as well. Check out Grand Prizes above.]
- Bergamot – earthy and bright
- Lavender – the universal oil for relaxation
- Eucalyptus – vibrant and energizing
- Wild Orange – uplifting and sweet
- OnGuard – promotes immunity and clarity
- Serenity – a calming, rest-supportive blend
- Purify – my go-to for all household cleaning
- AromaTouch – refreshing and grounding
More on the care work I offer:
- Donation-based yoga – Yoga for Queers and Misfits – celebrating NINE YEARS this fall (10/13/10 was my very first class!)
- Sliding scale therapy and somatic sessions – available in my new practice location on Broad St in Durham
- Private, trauma-informed yoga therapy sessions – for individuals and couples / family groups
- Trauma-informed yoga therapy groups – closed session, limited-enrollment groups offering yoguic approaches to embodied healing especially for LGBTQQIA+ folks (upcoming series will hold space for women, for folks in grief, for folks in addiction recovery, and more)
- Community classes and workshop – offering yoga, somatics, and holistic mental health within a liberatory framework AND bringing healing arts and wellness practices into social movement spaces